University of Texas Online Consortium

Cost and Financial Aid

woman working at computerThe amount of tuition and fees charged by each UT System campus varies and is based on residency status. As a result, the cost of taking a course will vary depending on which campus offers the course. Each campus will bill you directly for the courses you take. Specific information about costs for courses can be found on the campus web pages below.

Estimated Tuition and Fees

Tuition and fees at campuses change annually. The individual institutions can provide definitive information about the final costs you will be billed.

Amounts may vary due to additional departmental fees.

Undergraduate (one 3-hour course)

2017-2018 Academic Year UTA UTEP UTPB UTRGV UTSA
TX Resident $985 $840 $760 $945 N/A
Non-TX Resident



$865 $945 N/A
Non-Resident living outside TX $1,045 N/A N/A $2,170 N/A

Graduate (one 3-hour course)

2017-2018 Academic Year UTA UTEP UTPB UTRGV UTSA
TX Resident $1,355 $1,100 $760 $1,060 $1,440
Non-TX Resident $2,970 $2,445 $865 $2,230 $3,835
Non-Resident living outside TX $1,415 N/A N/A N/A N/A

Campus Tuition and Fee Information

Campus Contacts have been established at each UT campus to assist students with admission, registration, billing/payment, financial aid, and veterans affairs issues.

Financial Aid

In most cases, the same financial aid that is available to students for on-campus courses is also available for online inter-institutional courses. In accordance with a consortium agreement signed by the presidents of all University of Texas institutions, students may use online courses taken through the UT Online Consortium at UT System academic institutions to meet their financial aid enrollment requirements.

Students requesting financial aid should begin the enrollment and financial aid process as early as possible. All financial aid is handled by the student's home campus.

Students seeking information not included in the links below can contact a distance education financial aid representative. Veterans should contact the Veterans Affairs Office at their home campus.


Health Institutions